Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day #32 - My first ski day of the year . . . .

The colorado mountains have had a ton of early season snow and we took advantage of it today.  Kelly felt under the weather so she watched Liza and the rest of us hit the slopes.  No crowds - we actually skied directly onto the chairlift all day.

The snow was good and we really, really skied hard.  At the end of each run we were all catching our breath.  I love that feeling. You need the chairlift ride to recover. By the time I finished my 15th run and skied to meet Kelly, I was fatigued to say the least.

My knees will not allow me to ski the bumps so I have become a huge fan of long, very steep and aggressive runs.  Some people would say too big a fan.  Chris and I broke 80 MPH last year - not so sure trying to beat that time is a good idea.  Starfire at Keystone is my all-time favorite. Want a good story, ask Clay Shubin about Starfire and speed. 

We were fortunate that Trevor's grandparents let us use their condo in Vail.  After a few hours of relaxation we had a nice dinner in Vail Village.

Day #32 - Downhill Skiing, 5 Hours, 15 Runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment