Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day #43 - You would not confuse me with Michael Phelps . . . .

In an effort to give my injured thigh muscle a break I swam twice today. Kelly walked on the treadmill and I was in the pool at 24 Hour Fitness early in the morning.  A group of six women were in one lane doing a version of water aerobics - I think; in the other lane were what appeared to be a husband and wife who by their appearance were long-term swimmers; and I was in the 3rd lane with another average swimmer.  It is a little uncomfortable to swim with another person in one lane.  It shouldn't be but it is for me.  I spend all my time trying not to collide with the other swimmer.  Every morning I work out at 24 there is an older man walking around without a shirt on and wearing bright orange Crocs. I bet he has an interesting story; I will eventually have a chance to talk to him and will report back.

 
Chris and I went to the rec. center to swim in the evening.  The pool was crazy - all of the 10 lanes were packed; swimming classes, private lessons, etc. We were able to squeeze into the mayhem.  It was nice to spend a little time with Chris; outside of work that is.

Suggested marathon training playlist song - 'Thunderstruck' by AC/DC.

Day #43 - 70 Minutes of Swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment