Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day #46 - 1/2 way home . . . .

First, congratulations to Al Prisco on finishing his first race, a 10k, today.  He ran a 11.50 pace and is on track to reach his goal of a 5 hour Los Angeles Marathon.

A 12 mile run was on my schedule today but decided to run 13.1 (1/2 marathon) as I had the time and energy.  I ran at a comfortable 9.00 pace or 6.5 MPH.  This pace appears to be my natural pace as I was not winded during the run and felt that I could have run longer.  It may be comfortable due to my height, weight, length of my legs, etc.  Who knows. A 9.00 pace is a 4:00 marathon - which is my goal.  I ran the Chicago Marathon in October in 4:07.  As I work with Phillip on race strategy I assume I will need to run at a little faster pace early in the Los Angeles Marathon as my pace will slow from mile 22 to 26.2.  Trust me, my pace will slow towards the end.

The Los Angeles Marathon is three months away.  I feel good at where my fitness level is at this point.

I am reading a great book - Born To Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Ever Seen by Christopher McDougall.  I really need to keep motivated as I train and reading a good running-related book is one of my favorites.

Suggested marathon training playlist song - 'Tom Sawyer' by Rush.

Day #46 - 13.1 Miles, 9.00 Pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment