Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day #56 and #57 - Back-to-Back running days . . . .

I cannot afford to miss a run as the I am in the final 90 days of preparation.  I ran 5 miles and then followed that run with 8 miles on Day #57.  The pace for these runs ranged from a 9.25 to 8.00 pace.  I am feeling strong but am consistently struggling with minor aches and pains.  My intent is not to complain but to document all aspects of training for the marathon.  My hamstring and thigh are 95% healed and even if they are not 100% by March 20th, I do not believe that they will have a negative impact on my time.  I have developed a sore ligament on the bottom of my right foot.  I feel the pain more when I do not have shoes on wear dress shoes.  I do not feel the pain much when I run - which is nice.  It is better to be safe than sorry - so I will visit my Podiatrist this week to have her take a look.

I get a little tired of listening to music when I run so I searched iTunes for a running related book.  I found 'Two Gomers Run a Marathon' podcasts.  Basically, two friends who had never run before decided to run a 1/2 marathon and then a marathon.  The guys are very likable and the podcasts are quite interesting and funny.

The link to their website is  . . . . http://www.twogomers.com/.

I will take Friday off as a rest day and then run 14 miles on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment