Monday, January 17, 2011

Day #70 and #71 - Although it goes against my plan . . . .

My cold continues.  I am sure that my run of 8 miles yesterday would not be on a doctors 'to-do' list of how to get better.  So . . I am going to take two days off and try to recover - before my next 16 mile run.  A run which, by the way, is scheduled for Saturday.  If I can complete my Saturday run that will be 40 miles for the week - not bad.

My running coach, Phillip Buckley, hammers his runners about rest days. I know he is right, but as a marathon approaches days off begin to seem like missed opportunities to 'get miles in'.  This is just one of the many reasons why you need an coach-expert when attempting to complete a daunting goal. 

Let's hope for continued recovery - because I am running 16 miles on Saturday.  Period.


No comments:

Post a Comment