Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day #81 - A routine run . . . .

The week started off with an easy run - 5 miles at an 8.55 pace.  I would never have thought when I began to train for the NYC Marathon two years ago that one day 5 miles would be an easy run.  It has been an interesting process and enlightening process.  Eight weeks from yesterday is race day. 

My emotions range from super-excited and confident to nervous and less than confident about reaching my goal of a sub-4-hour marathon. I tend to have an anxious personality and that can tend to wear me out sometimes.  My inability to 'turn my mind off' keeps me up too often at night.

I am not your go-to guy if you want advice on how to get a good nights sleep.  :)

Tomorrow is a challenging workout - I am really looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment