Friday, January 21, 2011

Day #76 - Longest run so far . . . .

My 'long' runs are now really long runs. A snowstorm and cold weather meant that my 18 mile run would have to be completed indoors. You would think that with an iPod and 5 televisions hanging in front of me it would be hard to get bored - but boredom set in early.  Eventually, I took off the headphones and just ran.  I actually enjoy running to the sound of my own breathing rhythm.  I read an article about 'visualizing' your next big race when you run long distances.  So - I pictured in my mind standing in Dodger Stadium ready for the marathon to start; then I heard the gun go off; then the huge crowd of people started to move.  

Per my Phillip Buckley training schedule I ran the 18 miles at an 9.40 pace.  My Max Heart Rate was 148. It is easy to climb off the treadmill and head for home - DON'T.  I immediately consumed a recovery drink and walked 1/2 mile to cool down before heading home for something to eat.

Running and drinking go hand-in-hand . . . . read the following article:

http://www.runnersworld.com/article/1,7124,s6-242-302--10086-0,00.html

I will need to run an average pace of 8.58 to complete the marathon in 3:55.

I can do it.




No comments:

Post a Comment