Monday, January 3, 2011

Day #61 - A good start to a new week . . . .

Kelly and I were up early and at the gym.  5 miles at a 8.50 pace was on the schedule - so that is what I did.  I have decided to add incline to each of my treadmill runs.  I ran at a 1% incline today.  It is still amazing to me how much even a small incline can add to the challenge of a run.

For more information on the benefits of running at an incline take a look at the following website http://www.treadmillbynet.com/articles/incline-training-treadmill.html.

Unfortunately the ligament pain in my right foot is more severe today.  Not so much during the run but throughout the rest of the day - regardless of how I walked or what type of shoes I wore.  As a result I will probably bike for an hour tomorrow and see how the foot feels on Wednesday.

This is frustrating . . . . . but with 11 weeks to the race I have time to deal with this issue and still be prepared to run sub-4 hours. Glass 1/2 full - no hamstring or thigh muscle issues.

Listened to another 'Two Gomers Run a Marathon' podcast during the run.



No comments:

Post a Comment