Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day #59 - The race must be getting close . . . .

How do you know you are getting closer to race day?  You run 37 miles in the past week with a 14 mile run as the closer. 

I completed 14 miles at a 9.00 pace.  My heart rate never exceeded 140; or 75% of my maximum heart rate.  I felt comfortable the entire way and never labored.  I ran mid-day and had not eaten enough before the run.  For me, running with a 'full stomach feeling' is uncomfortable. However, as I develop as a runner I am more sensitive to the weakness I feel if I have not eaten appropriately pre-run.  I was thankful I brought a Kellogg Protein Meal Bar with me.  I downed the bar at mile 10 and perked up soon thereafter.

The more I run the less I feel like eating.  This is really not a good thing and I need to eat to compensate for running 37 or more miles each week.

Hydrating correctly has become a part of my daily life and I have developed a nice routine to hydrate during a run.

My hamstring and thigh muscles felt much better; the ligament on the bottom of my right foot was manageable.

No comments:

Post a Comment