Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day #69 - That was no fun . . . .

Arrived home about 6:30 pm after a busy day, had dinner, and then wanted to go to bed as my cold was getting worse.  However, I really needed to get my 8 miles in and have committed not to take more than one day off in a row between now and the marathon.  So I headed to 24 Hour Fitness and climbed on the treadmill.  I was far from my best and it was a real struggle - but got it done.  Ran the 8 miles at a 4-hour marathon pace.

There is always a reason not to run - but so what.  After two marathons you understand that a missed run is going to cost you on race day. 

A marathon is a test you cannot 'cram' for.  Either you are ready - or you are not. It is really quite simple.

Suggested marathon training playlist song - 'Run To You' by Bryan Adams.

No comments:

Post a Comment