Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day #64 and #65 - A very fun way to cross-train . . . .

The entire family spent the weekend in Keystone for a 'ski and relax' weekend.  We skied really hard on Friday and Saturday.  My legs felt really strong but tired after two days on the slopes. The good news is my tender hamstring and thigh muscle felt great.  My ski boot appeared to protect the ligament on my right foot; which allowed me to work my legs hard.  Skiing for us is like doing sprints - we ski really steep and long runs at a very fast pace. I am winded at the end of each run.

Kelly and I are still at the condo and will drive home tomorrow morning before church.  The rest of the family headed home after we had dinner at one of our of favorite restaurants - The Araphoe Cafe in Dillon.

Suggested marathon training playlist song - 'I Won't Back Down' by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment