Friday, January 21, 2011

Day #75 - A few laps before 18 miles . . . .

Kelly and I headed to the gym early in the morning. Kelly biked and I swam laps for 45 minutes. Although I am awake well before 6:15 am - which is when we head to the gym - I am not a huge fan of morning workouts.  Kelly is a good influence in making sure we get in the car and get our morning workouts completed.

One of the benefits of working out in the morning is that you get it done early - before the day gets busy and plans change.  Today was a great example of this.  My plan was to swim in the morning and then run after work.  The problem - a client meeting went long and then a member of my family in California needed some help.  By the time the phone call ended it was way too late to run. I was a little frustrated - which I should not have been.  Family comes first.

I will be out of town on Friday and Saturday so my long run this week will be tomorrow.

Take a look at a trainer's thoughts on morning vs. evening workouts . . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment