Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day #20 - Another double dip . . . .

I started the day meeting members of the Highlands Ranch Running Club at Max Muscle for a 7:00 am run.  Began the run in the fog with temperatures in the 20s but the skys cleared quickly and the views were great - but it was still quite cold.  The HRRC is really a great group of people to run with - so supportive.

It was Al's first run with the group and his longest run so far - 6 miles.  The course had plenty of hills, which is good for marathon training, and was on a smooth gravel path.  I decided to run with Al to provide support - it was actually a good run for me as my hamstring is still healing.  I know what it is like to begin training for my first marathon and a rule to live by is - the more the merrier.  Peter joined us for the last three miles.

I also worked in a 75 minute Hot Yoga class in the afternoon. 

Suggested marathon training playlist song - 'Saving Grace' (live version) - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

Day #20 - 6 Miles, 12.0 Pace, The Bluffs Trail.

Day #20 - 75 Minute Hot Yoga, CorePower Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment