Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day #7 - A year ago today . . . .

A year ago today, at this very time, I was limping towards Junior's Deli in Manhattan.  Lauren and I had finished the New York City Marathon earlier in the day and we were on our way to a high-calorie, high-fat meal.  Don't miss Junior's Devils Food Cheescake if you find yourself in New York City.

The experience was incredible.  It was so great to run with Lauren - a terrific memory.  I get emotional even thinking about it. There is a video Trevor took of us at mile seven with us laughing, smiling and feeling strong. I was not so happy-go-lucky later in the race. :) 

I remember boarding the bus in Manhattan at 6:00 am for the road trip to Staten Island - so nervous.  As the bus rolled onto the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge the view was overwhelming, more than 45,000 waiting to run 26.2 miles.  Where was the ING Tent, where was our Starting Corral, what if we missed our start time, etc.  The environment was crazy.  Although I had read every article on what running a marathon would be like, the only way to truly know is to do it.  I will share other memories of the NYC Marathon in future Blogs.

Day #7 - Sunday is a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment