Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day #6 - A double dose . . . .

An early start to the day with 90 minutes of Hot Yoga - the studio is 105 degrees with humidity of 40%.  I really enjoy the sweat hot yoga generates as I am literally drenched by the end of class and feel great.  My daughter-in-law Kristy joined me at class today. To learn more about hot yoga take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikram_Yoga.

I learned the hard way that when the instructor says, "Take it easy and DO NOT overstretch" they mean it.  I tried to stretch too far when I was preparing for my last marathon and strained my hamstring.  I had to deal with a sore hamstring for my final month of training and during the marathon.  No fun.

After working in the yard, fall clean-up, and going to dinner and spending the evening with Kelly I headed to 24 Hour Fitness for a run.  Strange to be one of three people in the entire facility - me on the treadmill, one guy on the bike and one woman on the stairmaster.  A little weird.  Returned home at 10:00 pm and crawled into bed.

Day #6 - 9.00 Pace, 6.0 Miles, Treadmill.

Day #6 - 90 Minutes, Hot Yoga, CorePower.






No comments:

Post a Comment