Friday, November 5, 2010

Day #5 - I am all set to go . . . .

Question of the day:  If you do not push what you believe are your personal limits, how will you ever understand and realize your full potential? 

To clarify, when I mention 'diet' I do not mean losing weight - but an eating program.

Now that I have met with Gary Connell today, I am all set to go for the Los Angeles Marathon.  I was fortunate enough to meet Gary as I prepared for the Chicago Marathon.  I knew that diet and hydration were an imporant aspect of getting ready to run a marathon, but boy did I underestimate how important.  Gary is an expert on nutrition and especially in creating specific plans for people who are in training - not just for a marathon but for any athletic goal.  Of course, he can help people lose weight as well.

What a positive difference Gary's advice and planning had on my marathon performance.  He created a comprehensive plan and met with me every other week as the marathon approached.  I will cover this subject in much greater detail later as creating an appropriate diet is truly a science and the subject matter is fascinating.  

In addition, Gary is an ultra marathon runner.  His races are 30, 50 or 100 miles.  I know what you are thinking - that is crazy. I thought the same thing as well - but I am not so sure anymore. Not that I want to run 100 miles, but I am beginning to understand the value, in other aspects of life, by pushing yourself as far as you possibly can physically.

Gary can be reached at gary@maxmusclehighlandsranch.com or 303-358-4744.

Today is a rest day - no stats on a workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment