Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day #30 - A month into the journey . . . .

I celebrated my first month of marathon training by running this morning and by attending a yoga class tonight.  Looking back, I should have taken more time off to heal after the Chicago Marathon.  I just couldn't. The first month has been a challenge from a health perspective - a stained hamstring and thigh muscle. What has not been a problem is my desire to train.  I cannot imagine taking time off at this point. Staying healthy has become really important to me. Is it from getting a little older, having grandchildren, or thinking about how much I would miss my wife and family if self-inflicted poor health ended my life prematurely?  It is probably a combination of these and many other factors.

What I know is this - a sub-4-hour marathon is in my future.  It is not so much the time - but what it will mean in other aspects of my life if I can reach this goal.

Suggested marathon training playlist song - 'Let it Be' by the Beatles.

Day #30 - 4 Miles, 8.00 Pace, 1% Incline.

Day #30 - 75 Minute Hot Yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment