Monday, November 8, 2010

Day #8 - Not another injury already . . . .

Was it the yoga, running and heavy yard work combinaton on Saturday or just a flare-up of a pre-marathon strain?  Whatever the cause my right thigh muscle is really tender. So against my usual 'run at all costs' mentality I rode the recumbent bike for 30 minutes and then ran at a slow pace for two miles this morning.  I was disappointed that I could not do my scheduled workout today.  However, I am not going to use an injury as an excuse and not exercise at all on days like this. I will do something six days a week to get prepared for my next marathon.

I know the best thing to do is to do nothing until I am completely healed from all nagging injuries and soreness from my last marathon.  I just cannot do the right thing in this case.

For some reason it is now so hard not to run longer distances at a faster pace. I have heard of people getting addicted to running and have even seen people running in a snowstorm as I have driven to work. Why in the world would someone run in the pouring rain or snow and freezing temperatures?  Whether good or bad - I am getting closer to understanding their mentality every day.  I need to remember, moderation in all things.

Kelly and I are going to get up early on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and run, walk, bike, lift weights, etc. at 24 Hour Fitness.  I much prefer to work out with someone else, and who better to exercise with then my wife.

Day #8 - 30 Minutes on Recumbent Bike, 2 Miles at a 10:00 Pace.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Scott,
    See that guy behind you in the black speedo - double dare ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you imagine running in that outfit? At least I was in front of him, the view from behind him could have affected my time. :)

    ReplyDelete